In the hustle of everyday life, managing household chores alongside a job or caring for children can leave one drained, often leaving little energy for elaborate meal preparations. At times like these, the appeal of a simple yet delectable one-pot meal is unparalleled. While rice-based recipes like Matar Pulao, Gobhi Pulao, and Carrot Pulao have graced our tables, there’s a new name to add to the list – the flavorful Lehsuni Palak Rice. This easy-to-make Lehsuni Palak Rice recipe combines the nutritional goodness of spinach with the aromatic punch of garlic.
Spinach, a beloved winter vegetable, not only enriches the flavour profile of any dish but also amplifies its health quotient. Packed with protein, iron, calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin A, spinach promotes better eyesight, and stronger bones, and even aids in weight management due to its low-calorie content. On the other hand, the versatile garlic, known for its distinctive taste, boasts immunity-boosting properties and helps in combatting common ailments like cold and cough while aiding in regulating cholesterol levels.
Here’s how to make this satisfying Garlic Spinach Rice in just 10 minutes:
- 1. 1 tablespoon oil
- 2. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3. 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4. 2 whole red chilies
- 5. 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 6. 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- 7. Salt, to taste
- 8. 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 9. 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 10. 1 cup spinach puree
- 11. 2 cups boiled rice
- 12. Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add 1 teaspoon cumin and 1 tablespoon garlic, and sauté until golden.
2. Introduce whole red chillies and chopped onion, and sauté until the onions turn translucent.
3. Toss in the chopped tomatoes and salt, followed by 1 teaspoon each of garam masala and coriander powder. Stir well.
4. Add 1 cup of spinach puree to the mix, blending it with the spices and allowing it to cook for a while.
5. Mix in the boiled rice, ensuring it is well incorporated. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Pair the piping hot rice with some pickle, chutney, or raita for an exquisite meal experience.
Feel free to treat yourself to this hassle-free one-pot wonder, perfect for either lunch or dinner and savour the goodness of a comforting, nourishing meal.
About PayalFood in the mind, Bollywood in the heart – these two things often shimmer in Payal’s writing. Besides penning thoughts, Payal enjoys a playful tango with new and delicious recipes. Roaming around is her jam; whether catching up on the latest flicks or grooving to the beat, Payal knows how to keep her empty moments brimming with flavour and rhythm.